Buying a home is the largest transaction most people undertake. Mortgage companies will normally require a valuation, but this is based only on a very limited inspection and is no substitute for a detailed survey. Which type of survey is appropriate depends on the size, age and complexity of the property you are hoping to buy. Mass & Co are Chartered Surveyors, regulated by RICS and can assist with your property survey. We offer the following options - for more information please call us on 01277 201300.

Building Survey (RICS Level 3)

A visual assessment of a building intended to:

  • Relate its construction both to today's standards and other properties of similar style and age
  • Give a balanced general view of its overall condition
  • Advise on repairs necessary, both immediately and in the future
  • Outline any further investigation needed to support initial findings
  • Advise on the likely consequences of non-repair

RICS HomeBuyer Report and Valuation (Level 2)

A more concise report and valuation intended to enable the buyer to decide whether or not to proceed and at what price. Ideal for more modern houses or flats, the HomeBuyer Report focuses on what the Surveyor judges to be urgent or significant, outlining those matters which need further investigation before purchase.

Click here to download the RICS guide to choosing between surveys

Independent Surveyors and Valuers Association

Christopher Stewart BSc FRICS of Mass & Co has been undertaking surveys since 1979, and is also a member of the Independent Surveyors andValuers Association, which supports and promotes independent surveying and valuation practices throughout England and Wales.

Sign up and be notified when new properties are added.

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors was founded in 1868 and is now responsible for around 134,000 members worldwide. Its members are subject to regulation and periodic review as well as operating to strict Rules of Conduct.