2nd March 2020 | Chris Stewart
We’ve had a busy 2019 and start to 2020, despite the difficulties being faced by High Street retailers throughout the country. This is just some of the local activity with which we’ve been involved…
1. 1 High Street, Brentwood – After several years lying empty the former Money Shop situated on the corner of High Street and Ongar Road has now been let to a new barber shop.
2. Five retail spaces at Wilson's Corner have been let in the last months to;
- A dog groomer
- Charity Care operator
- Nail bar - Katie and Lee
- MSTR Aesthetics clinic
- Blackstone Kitchen
3. The former Steamer Trading unit at 71 High is about to be let.
4. Mass & Co acted for a private investor client who, for a figure close to £2m, have purchased 75 High Street which is leased to Barclays Bank.
5. 11 Queens Road - Mass & Co have sold the freehold of this building, which is let to accountants Tiffin Green.
6. The freehold of the Superdrug building in Brentwood High Street was recently sold prior to auction. Mass & Co act for the new owners and are advising on the lease renewal to Superdrug.
7. Interest in the Bay Tree Centre is on the up, with the arrival of Clarks Shoes who moved into the Centre from the High Street last year. Mass & Co have leased the former Zakz men’s clothing store to ‘Hey Joe’, a retro style record store with a café element which opened last Saturday. There is growing interest in a number of the vacant spaces, breathing much needed new life into the Centre.
8. Shenfield remains a strong market, with lettings to The Vault wine bar, Rejuiced Vape Shop, Subway and W N Properties.